Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Of Greatness Passed

I will take today and set aside my childish antics and writing done of deliberation with the sole purpose to torture the reader and take this time to be serious. Grace F. Knoche has passed, she left us at the age of 97. There are a million (literally) endearing and good things that could be said of Grace. So I will make it short and to the point, during her lifetime she was more instrumental in keeping alive true free speech, free spirituality, and altruism than any living world leader, Holy man or teacher. During her life, she spread ideas and seeded thoughts of truth and beauty. She did so with egoless servitude, and non materialistic action that served only the truth. She was truly the keeper of the flame. I should only hope that all my life learning and experiences that it could add up to just one splinter of one of Grace's thoughts. If you are interested in reading her work you can start with," To Light a Thousand Lamps." Also back issues of Sunrise magazine. Thanks for your time to let me pay tribute to a person whom had a great influence in my life. Tomorrow I will be back to my usual sophomoric and satirical writing, but until then, regret nothing and try.

No comments: